A great lawyer who was so very active and energetic just before three years at a state where he couldn't recall a name got in too many thoughts to think about.Senescence definitely brings about a lot of changes.The feeling of nostalgia just creeped in.
Still remember the day when we used to trouble him so much during the summer vacation by taking the A4 size sheets and messing it all over the table using the carbon papers.Never had he uttered a word.One could just ask him anything in the morning and just get it by evening.I remember i wanted a digital watch like that of my brother and in the evening I was wearing it on my wrist.I remember I was in 2nd standard and still have the vivid memory of the heart shaped dial.He would buy us so many stuff and always gave us options too.Poppins or Dairy Milk.Mango juice or Rooh Afza.He was always forced to have the latter as nobody could be able to have it.
I still remember the various ghost stories he would tell us with full sound effects..O my god!How can I forget the animal stories he used to make up for us????I can still recall the giraffe gesture which I still discuss with cousins when we get together and end up laughing out aloud..The classic story was PUNYAKOTI.I still remember I would cry always after listening to the story even after listening it for the nth time.What a story telling talent he had.I still envy him..How could I forget the days when he used to boast about us to the neighbors proudly whenever we stood first in the class or got a prize in a competition.Love his innocence when he asks for anything sweet when he is infact forbidden to consume sweets.And then he says,"Actually I dont ask for it.They ask me to eat it".
Even today before the conversation ended he said his keywords and in the exact order.Study well.We pray for you.What a beautiful feeling that was...
Everytime I call him and everytime he struggles to recall my name and finally gets it,it still feels like a greatest achievement of my life..My eyes are already moist..


No comments:
Post a Comment